Try IT - and Just Do IT (a bit!)
These tips drawn on the work of Terry Grunwald - see http://www.partnerships.org.uk/terry.
Within an organisation or network
- Ensure that they key people are online, and able to use the Net
- Find one person to drive the project forward
- Plan ahead - but also experiment. Using the technology is the only way to find what works and what doesnít in your situation.
- Training and support budgets may need to be larger than equipment budgets. Ensure that there is technical support on tap, and also some ëmentoringí to help people on a day to day basis if possible
- Ensure that Web sites and other content can be updated without calling on external help.
- Keep user needs in mind in developing Web sites, make emails count.